Bill R. of Greybull, Wyoming, was dealing with chronic ankle pain due to arthritis for several years. He managed the pain with medication for some...Read More
You are here
Dr. Eric Linford is a fellowship-trained foot and ankle specialist with expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and conditions affecting the lower extremity. Dr. Linford has a unique comprehensive lower extremity joint replacement practice including hip, knee and ankle arthroplasty. He also sees patients for sports medicine injuries, and trauma and fracture care. With extensive training and experience, Dr. Linford is committed to helping every one of his patients return to their everyday lives and activities.
After graduating from Utah State University in Logan, Utah, with his undergraduate degree, Dr. Linford attended the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine in Denver, Colorado. He went on to complete his residency training in orthopedic surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Dr. Linford later chose to undergo additional specialty training by completing a foot and ankle fellowship at North Sydney Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Centre in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Since arriving in Casper he has focused his practice on lower extremity reconstruction with an emphasis on joint replacement with an interest in Robotic Assisted Total Knee Replacement. He is certified in ROSA total knee replacement.
Dr. Linford performs complex surgical reconstruction and fracture care of the forefoot, mid foot and hind foot including arthroscopy, deformity correction, arthritis care and joint replacement of the foot and ankle. Dr. Linford has also been certified as a Treace Lapiplasty Center of Distinction for his work in bunion correction surgery.
In his free time, Dr. Linford spends time with his family and his other interests, including agriculture, American history, reading, and sports. He also stays active with fishing, hunting, and skiing.
Dr. Linford is available to see patients at our Casper office.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Utah State University, Logan, UT
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, CO
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Milwaukee, WI
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship: North Sydney Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Centre, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- AO North America
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Kelly Walsh High School Trojans
- Natrona County High School Mustangs
- Casper College Thunderbirds
- College Rodeo Sports Medicine
- Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association
- Wyoming High School Rodeo Sports Medicine
- Summit Medical Center
- Wyoming Medical Center
- Wyoming Surgical Center
- Memorial Hospital of Converse County
Local Man Staying Active After Ankle Replacement With Dr. Eric Linford
Dr. Eric Linford & ROSA Robot Get Local Grandma Back on Her Feet
You may remember Rosie the Robot, the android maid who made life easier for the futuristic Jetson family. While we may be a long way from having...Read More
Sports Medicine Experts at Casper Orthopedics Offer 5 Safety Tips for 2020-21 Athletes
As sports competitions move forward for the fall and plans move forward for winter and spring after COVID-19 closures, the...Read More