Athletic trainer Chellsie Johnson of Kelly Walsh High School has been named the Regional Nominee for The 2018 – 2019 Newell National Athletic...Read More
You are here
As a fellowship-trained and board-certified sports medicine surgeon, Dr. Daniel White specializes in the care of a wide variety of sports-related injuries and conditions, with special interest in joint replacement, and trauma and fracture care. His nonsurgical treatments include sport-specific athlete assessment and athletic performance optimization, along with injections for the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle.
If surgery is required, Dr. White has extensive experience with the latest procedures, including pediatric and adult ligament reconstruction, total shoulder and knee replacement, and knee meniscus allograft transplant and cartilage restoration, as well as arthroscopy of the hip, elbow, knee, and shoulder. He is committed to open communication with his patients to develop a shared understanding of the treatment plans and expected outcomes. Dr. White has dedicated his practice to helping people regain their health and independence so that they can continue to enjoy life.
Dr. White attended the University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon, for his undergraduate studies. He earned his medical degree at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland. He completed his transitional internship and orthopedic surgery residency training at the Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington. Dr. White also underwent intensive specialty training in the form of the John A. Feagin Jr. Sports Medicine Fellowship at Keller Army Community Hospital in West Point, New York.
Originally from a small Colorado farm town, where the local doctor was a WWII veteran who inspired him to become a military surgeon, Dr. White retired from the military in 2015 to restore the active lifestyles of central Wyoming residents. He is an avid outdoorsman and stays active in his free time with cross-country and downhill skiing, fishing, hiking, hunting, and mountain biking.
For patients suffering from severe rotator cuff injuries, Dr. White offers superior capsule reconstruction surgery—an innovative, minimally invasive alternative to reverse shoulder replacement surgery.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
- Doctor of Medicine: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD
- Transitional Internship: Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Keller Army Community Hospital, West Point, NY
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine Subspecialty Certificate: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- The American Orthopaedic Association
- The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- The Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Wyoming Board of Athletic Training
- U.S. Army: Served as Orthopedic Surgeon, Colonel
- Kelly Walsh High School Trojans
- Natrona County High School Mustangs
- Casper College Thunderbirds
- Casper Coyotes Junior Hockey
- Hogadon Mountain Ski Hill Ski Patrol
- College Rodeo Sports Medicine
- Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association
- Dance Evolutions Dance Academy
- Wyoming High School Rodeo Sports Medicine
- Summit Medical Center
- Wyoming Medical Center
- Wyoming Surgical Center
- Memorial Hospital of Converse County