In order to reduce confusion and misunderstanding between our patients and the office, we have adopted the following financial policy. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care to you and regard your complete understanding of our financial policies as an essential element of your care and treatment.
- Payment is due at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made in advance. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, Mastercard, and Visa credit cards.
- Your insurance is an agreement between you and your insurance company. As a courtesy to you, we will file your insurance claims for you if you assign benefits to the doctor. If your insurance company does not pay within a reasonable period, we will look to you for payment. If we later receive a check from your insurer, we will refund any over payment to you.
- All health plans are not the same and do not cover the same services. In the event your health plan determines a service to be "not covered", you will be responsible for the complete charge. Payment is due upon receipt of a statement from our office. We highly recommend that you READ YOUR INSURANCE BOOKLET or a copy of the contract your policy falls under to determine your benefits.
- You will be responsible for promptly responding to your insurance company to provide any additional information they may request regarding your treatment, pre-existing conditions, accidents, or other insurance coverage. Failure to respond in a timely manner may result in your account becoming due and payable, in full, immediately.
- Be prepared to present your insurance card and proof of identity (e.g. driver's license) at each visit. You will be responsible for providing a change of address, telephone number, and/or insurance information anytime a change occurs.
- A pre-payment of your deductible and coinsurance will be required for your portion of our fees, based on our contract allowables, for scheduled surgical procedures. Any balance remaining, after your health plan pays, is your responsibility. Payment is due upon receipt of a statement from our office.
- We will look to the adult accompanying a minor for payment of all services rendered to minor patients.
When you are charged a "global" fee for surgery or office care of a fracture, laceration repair, excision of an ingrown toenail, etc., that fee not only includes the service on the day it is performed, but includes routine follow up care as well. The global period ranges from 10 - 90 days depending on the procedure and your health plan. X-rays and supplies (such as casting or dressing materials, splints, braces, etc.) are not included in the "global" fee and a charge will be made for these items. Services related to complications are not included in the global fee.
If you have any questions regarding our financial policy, please call our office at (307) 265-7205 to speak with one of our patient account representatives.