You are here
Dr. Robert Allaire is a fellowship-trained and board-certified upper extremity, joint replacement, and trauma surgeon specializing in surgery and arthroscopy of the elbow, hand, shoulder, and wrist, as well as joint replacement and revision of the shoulder, hip, and knee. He also provides complex fracture care and pain injections.
Dr. Allaire has a passion for healing, and he works with his patients to identify and achieve their goals, whether that is decreasing pain, increasing strength and range of motion, or learning to adapt to a change in life circumstances. Dr. Allaire’s ultimate goal is to serve with love and humility, helping his patients regain the ability to walk or use their hands and arms in their everyday lives.
A California native, Dr. Allaire attended the University of California, Irvine, in Irvine, California, for his undergraduate studies in biomedical physics. In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, he earned his medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and completed his orthopedic residency training at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, where he also completed his hand and upper extremity fellowship.
In his spare time, Dr. Allaire enjoys home improvement, playing guitar, and woodworking. He stays active with hunting, skiing, swimming, and weightlifting. He also plays water polo and was an NCAA water polo All-American, and he has been a CrossFit Regionals competitor.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Wexford, PA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Summit Medical Center
- Wyoming Medical Center
- Wyoming Surgical Center
- Memorial Hospital of Converse County