You are here
Board-certified and fellowship-trained in orthopedic surgery, Dr. Craig Smith specializes in joint replacement and revision, trauma and fracture care, and the surgical and nonsurgical treatment of injuries and conditions of the hip and knee, including osteoarthritis, fractures, bursitis, and tendonitis.
His surgical expertise includes revision and total hip and knee replacement, partial knee replacement, lower extremity deformity correction, and complex fracture care. Dr. Smith understands the challenges that come with orthopedic injuries and conditions, which is why he is committed to delivering individualized care for every patient to help them recover and regain their independence.
A Colorado native, Dr. Smith attended Colorado College in Colorado Springs, Colorado, for his undergraduate studies in chemistry. He earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Colorado School of Medicine in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Smith completed his internship and orthopedic surgery residency training at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania, and later underwent fellowship training in orthopedic trauma at OrthoIndy Hospital and Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Dr. Smith enjoys the personal interaction with patients, the ability to truly impact a wide range of patients’ lives, and the problem solving and planning required to excel in orthopedic trauma, which is why he chose to specialize in the field. When he is not seeing patients, he stays active by fly fishing and skiing. He also relaxes with cooking.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO
- Transitional Internship: Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
- Orthopedic Trauma Fellowship: OrthoIndy Hospital and Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis, IN
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- AO North America
- Natrona County Medical Society
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Wyoming Medical Society
- Summit Medical Center
- Wyoming Medical Center
- Wyoming Surgical Center
- Memorial Hospital of Converse County
Our office hours have changed in observance of Independence Day.x