Dear Casper Orthopedics Patient:
During these unprecedented times, Casper Orthopedics has adjusted our operating schedule to protect patients, staff, and community members from the spread of the COVID 19 virus.
We have altered our clinical practice times. First and foremost, if you or one of you family members are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick, please stay home. Our staff is evaluating each patient and their need to come into the clinic. You may be receiving calls from our providers and staff regarding your condition. If we can safely review your condition over the phone, we will. If it is important that you come into the clinic we are prepared to do so. If you do come into the practice to see one of our providers we ask you to follow these guidelines:
- We will be limiting our waiting room line to five (5) people. If there are more than five people in line you may be asked to return to your car and we will call you when we are ready.
- When you do check in, we will screen all patients for symptoms. You will be asked the following:
- Do you or have you recently had a fever?
- Do you currently or have you recently had a dry cough?
- Have you recently had any air travel?
- Have you been exposed to anyone exhibiting these symptoms?
- One adult may accompany patients to their appointments. If possible we would like you to come to your appointment alone. Children may not accompany patients.
- If your situation is determined to be urgent and you have symptoms, you will be admitted to the clinic in a different manner and put into a quarantined location. You will not be allowed anyone to accompany you to your appointment.
- Our Orthocare Now clinic (OCN) will have an abbreviated schedule. Our operating hours will be Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Please call ahead.
- MRl's will be conducted on an as need basis.
If you are scheduled for surgery, only emergent and non-elective cases are being considered. With the possibility of a supply shortage and prioritizing infected patients, Casper Orthopedics is reducing caseloads to emergent and non-elective surgical patients only .. Your surgeons are reviewing each of their cases and determining need. Our staff will be happy to discuss your surgery with you. They have been instructed on these constraints.
If you are a therapy patient, your therapist will evaluate your situation and may provide you with a home exercise program. They will also be screening for potential infections. Once again, IF you are not feeling well and/or have symptoms, stay home and contact your primary care provider.
Casper Orthopedics appreciates your understanding during these challenging times. Casper Orthopedics has been serving patients since 1976 and our first and foremost concern is for patient safety. We can be reached at (307) 265-7205 to discuss your questions and concerns.