You are here
Dr. Stefan Yakel is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in providing nonsurgical and surgical care for injuries and conditions of the spine, including degenerative diseases and spinal deformities. Dedicated to exhausting nonsurgical treatment options first before recommending surgery, Dr. Yakel provides each of his patients with an individualized treatment plan that is focused on meeting their personal needs and goals.
After graduating from Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona, with his Bachelor of Science degree in physical science, Dr. Yakel received his Master of Science degree in neuroscience from Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana. He attended medical school at Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine in Glendale, Arizona, graduating with his Doctor of Osteopathy degree. Following medical school, Dr. Yakel completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Samaritan Health Services in Corvallis, Oregon, before undergoing fellowship training in spine surgery at Twin Cities Spine Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
In his free time, Dr. Yakel enjoys practicing martial arts, mountaineering, and woodworking, including fine carpentry and furniture design.
Dr. Yakel is available to see patients at our Casper office.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ
- Master of Science: Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- Doctor of Osteopathy: Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, Glendale, AZ
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Samaritan Health Services, Corvallis, OR
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: Twin Cities Spine Center, Minneapolis, MN
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society