About Dr. Behrens
He is known as a compassionate, thorough, and trusted orthopedic surgeon, he cared for thousands of patients in Casper and throughout Wyoming. His character was shaped early on by the courage and determination required of a Navy doctor serving with the Marines in Vietnam. It continues today with his dedication to assisting our military veterans through programs such as the Semper Fi Odyssey transition program and by mentoring active duty servicemen and women.
Dr. Behrens' Military Accomplishments
- Attached to the 3rd Marine Division FMF, 3rd Medical Battalion, surgeon for Delta Company (forward) at Dong Ha, Quang Tri Province, Vietnam
- Attached to the 3rd Battalion, 9th Marines serving as battalion doctor at various firebases, including the Rockpile, Ca Lu, and Khe Sanh near the DMZ, Vietnam
- Awarded the Bronze Star Medal with Combat V for Valor
- Lt. Commander, orthopedic surgeon attached to Charlie Medical Company, 2nd Medical Battalion of the 2nd Marine Division in Operation Desert Storm
About The Jerry Behrens Foundation
The doctors and staff at Casper Orthopedics, in recognition of Dr. Behrens' lifelong achievements and to carry forth his commitment to community service, have established the Jerry Behrens Foundation to serve military, law enforcement, and fire & rescue personnel. Casper Orthopedics will be funding the administrative cost of services so that all financial contributions to the Foundation will go directly toward assisting injured, wounded, and ill service members, first responders, and their families.
How To Donate
If you would like to donate, please call (307) 265-7205 or you can send by mail to the following address below.
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered as a Jerry Behrens Foundation recipient, please fill out the application below and submit it to the following address.
- Christmas Concert
- Saturday, November 16, 2019, at 2:00 p.m.
- 5725 Highland Drive
- Casper, WY 82609